Spinnaker Program (5-8 yrs old)
The Spinnaker Program is designed for children between the ages of 5 and 9.
In order to be in the Opti group, children must turn 5 by December 31, 2013; and older children must turn 7 by the same date to be in the Bluejay group. Each group will be assigned a team of fantastic counselors to help them have a safe, fun and enriching summer. The program will include instructional sailing, tennis, swimming and more. The Spinnaker Program will meet Monday through Thursday for seven weeks beginning Monday, June 24th and ending on Thursday, August 8th. The minimum commitment for a child to participate in the program is three weeks.
- We will again offer a choice for Optis: they may partake in the traditional half-day program (1:00-4:15) or the full-day program for those that can handle a longer day (9:00-4:15). Please note that each option has its own application – make sure that you complete the correct one!
- We are excited that our relationship with the Long Island Science Museum will continue, with instructors coming regularly to teach the children about the myriad creatures with which we share Manhasset Bay.
- Both Optis and Bluejays will be able to develop and showcase their creativity with art projects directed by an instructor from Art Haven.
- For full-day Spinnakers (both Optis and Bluejays), we will continue our enjoyably eclectic curriculum that includes a fitness program run by Unlimited Sports Action, basic acting technique classes with the Actor's Garage and yoga classes taught by Yoga Life.
- Each week, we will have a "Theme-Day Thursday" to keep the children interested and excited to come to the program. This summer's schedule will include Red, White & Blue Day, Adventure Games Day, Mad Science Day, Olympic Day, Halloween Day, Pajama Day; and to close out the session on a high note, August 8th is Ice Cream Day!
- Please mark your calendars now - the Aqua Show Pool Night is scheduled for Tuesday, August 6th.
This is going to be a fantastic summer for our children, and we would love to see everyone have fun. If you have any questions or any ideas/suggestions, please contact the front office.
We are looking forward to another fun-filled and enriching summer with your children.
The Spinnaker Committee
For additional information about MBYC's Spinnaker Program for 2013, please click on the links below:
Spinnaker Program Member Parent Letter
Spinnaker Program Full Day Application
Spinnaker Program Half Day Application
Spinnaker Program Disciplinary Rules & Regulations
MBYC Spinnaker Program Waiver
Spinnaker Program Photo Release